Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving.


It is a time to share not just food but also some getting together with family and friends. My Thanksgiving tradition.actually began with my Best Friend Mary, going back to late 80's.
She cooked a great meal then and probably still does. Back then it was a diner for our friends and sometimes for her sister and her family whom would come to our tiny apartment in Silverlake
I remember one time she had to go to Vermont, I believe to spend it with family, so I spent Thanksgiving with her friends Tony and Cassy at a Black Angus. A bit weird but nonetheless a celebration.
After that, the tradition was on. After I got married to Barb, the Thanksgivings were always spent with her family, whether that was in Arizona, San Francisco or Las Vegas. Once Melissa and I got together, the tradition stayed the same, it's been in the last few years that we've stayed in Vegas with her family as well as at Sandy's for a couple of times. The first and only time we ever had thanksgiving at this house was during the first Thanksgiving we owned the house and also because Barb could not travel. After her death Thanksgiving was always somewhere else. It was only during the last year that we all spent it at home as a family. Both kids were home, I was not at work and we planned a great feast. Only two years ago, Olivia and Anthony went to San Francisco while Melissa and I stayed at home with Catherine (Cecilia and Charlie were still in the NICU). My brother and his family along with Melissa's parents and brother were also here. A real Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for having such a great family and to Mary for showing me what Thanksgiving was all about.
Happy Thanksging! We'll be thinking of all of you!




No comments: