I guess McCain eventually wants to secede from the union. In a speech this morning in San Antonio Texas, he named all the Arizonians who have run for the White House but have failed to reach it. He then thanked the crowd for helping him clinch the nomination for "The United States of Arizona".
That is quite all right. He can go back and be the President of Arizona, where he is bound to get probably about 90% of the vote. The other 10% being those who still have a mind of their own.
Then again, I believe that he will continue with the trend of Arizonians failing to reach the White House. Let that be an omen..