Friday, November 21, 2008

Mountain Biking

So, for the last couple of weeks, I've taken up Mountain Biking seriously. I could not have done it on my own. I needed motivation, I needed someone to drag me out of the house and sit my ass on a bike and say, "Pedal".
That someone was a co-worker, one of our great bartenders at work. He seems to be a natural at it. while I struggle up a hill he seems like he's riding on a paved road. It started with just the 2 of us gong to a trail out by Blue Diamond and the group has grown to 5. I have also gotten back to running and biking around the neighborhood. Basically I am getting back into shape and Mountain biking is the perfect sport; outdoors, communing with nature and hanging out with friends who enjoy the same.



These were from our first outing with Red Rock National Park behind us.



These are from yesterday. On the left, Cesar the other bartender/tequila connoisseur, Pepe and Cisco.


1 comment:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wow. I used to take my son "trail bike" riding. I was such a girl, screaming a lot of the way, and walking my bike down the steeper hills...in the midwest...where there really are no hills...

Why the long sleeves? Protection? Looks steamy.