Sunday, May 24, 2015

Chapter 17

I've seen you grow and become a woman with your own:
Personality
Taste
Anger
Love.
I've seen you cry through pain and happiness and I've cried with you.
I've seen you trust and love without questioning.
I've seen your loyalty for those you love.
I've seen you love your sisters as if they were your own children. 
I've seen you love your mom as if she was your natural mom.
It saddens me that we are approaching a time when you will take flight
A time when you will become more and better than you are now.
It saddens me that the price to your happiness is my joy and tears at the same time.
But like the flower that closes at darkness only to spread its leaves at the first sight of light, 
I look forward to the day that you take flight and become yourself.
What our creator destined for you.
I've seen you grow and I can't wait to see more of it.
Through sadness and joy.


No comments: